Reasons for backdating council tax benefit

You may qualify for a discount on your Council Tax if your house: The property must be the main home of at least one disabled person.This could be a child or an adult - it does not have to be the person responsible for paying Council Tax.

Second Adult Rebate is a discount on Council Tax available to people of State Pension age.

Long Term Empty If a property remains unoccupied and unfurnished after 24 months then an additional 50% premium will be added to the standard Council Tax charge for that band.

The premium will not be added if the property would normally be the sole or main residence of someone who works for the Ministry of Defence but who is unable to live there because of their work.

Some discounts are available on your Council Tax, find out more below.

Council Tax Reduction (CTR) is sometimes called Council Tax Support, it's a reduction on your Council Tax bill and is available to people on a low income (less than £16,000). Find out if you qualify and what discount you could get from our Council Tax Reduction page.

Leave a Reply